Sunday, June 16, 2013

Of Coupons and Craft Stores

I recently went to 2 craft stores. I know this blog is about using up the crafts crap I already have, but some projects can't get done without extra supplies so off I went.

Conversation at JoAnn's

Me: Can I use this coupon on my phone?
Cashier: Sure. (She waits while I fumble trying to get it up)
Me: Can I use this Michael's coupon on my phone?
Cashier: Sure. (She waits while I fumble trying to get it up)
Cashier: Do you get our coupons online and to your home?
Me: (mumbling) I think so.
Cashier: Because you can use 1 phone coupon, 1 email coupon, 1 mailed coupon, 1 from our Sunday ad and a competitor coupon together. As long as they have different barcodes.

She continues talking about % off an item and % off the receipt coupons. She must see my eyes glazing over.

Cashier: Next time just bring in all the coupons you have and we'll figure out what works best. Come to the register first so you know what discounts you can get before you shop, if you want.


Conversation at Michael's

Me: Can I use this coupon on my phone?
Cashier: Sure. (She waits while I fumble trying to get it up)
Me: Can I use this JoAnn's coupon on my phone?
Cashier: No. You can only use 1 coupon.
Me: What about this coupon from Michael's ad?
Cashier: No. You can only use 1 coupon per visit per day.

I gaze at the stuff I really want that I really didn't want to pay full price for. I end up buying it.

However I did email Michael's asking for the coupon policy.  Will let you know when I hear back!

No comments:

Post a Comment